Wednesday 7 July 2010

It has been a while since I last posted. Sad, unsettling events occur, not just on a personal basis, but all around us. The world seems to be hurtling into an unknown future taking all of us with it. long term, I can feel optimistic but short term it feels like a chaotic unknown with many difficulties and hardships yet to come. I am normally very positive and optimistic and like to think that forward looking projects like the 'venus project' www.thevenusproject.com can one day become a reality.

To come back down to earth, I have been working on a book about my family's ancient olive grove and my Mothers recipes entitled 'Cyprus and the Olive tree' (this title may change, if you have any suggestions for a title I would welcome them) I am about ready to hand in a submission now, showing three chapters a front cover with painting plus two pastel roughs showing ideas for chapter openings and a synopsis. It is time to get some feedback and advice.

Here are some of the pastel roughs.







I am also working on some paintings for an event next year. Here are some initial pastel roughs for paintings. I like the subject so much I may develop more for a mini exhibition. I will give more details soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment