Sunday 29 November 2009

Carol Marine and Olwen Tarrant

I have just added another blog to the blogs I am following. It is the blog of Artist 'Carol Marine's painting a day' and is superb. I came across her after reading an article on the BBC news page, about self publishing company Blurb, which featured one of Carol's book's '100 small paintings' and is one of their best selling books. This woman is a power house of activity, you can feel the energy emminating from her and her beautiful paintings. I think that any Artist would learn a huge amount from her about every aspect of an Artists life. http://carolmarine.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.html

I went to visit another wonderful Artist this week called Olwen Tarrant. A very popular and sought after Artist. She very kindly agreed to look at some of my paintings and gave me some very good constructive feedback. One of her comments that I particularly appreciated was 'You have your own distinctive style of painting, whatever you do, don't lose that'

Olwen showed me around her home where many of her lovely paintings hang. It is so important to be able to see the actual paintings, even the best quality reproductions can't fully convey the original paintings qualities, so it was a real treat to see so many of Olwens original Paintings and drawings. It was interesting to hear about her life as an Artist, how she started out and how she established her reputation through her association with various Art societies, like the Royal Society Of Oil Painters.

I learn't a lot from Olwen and appreciated her advice and time. I will definately act on her suggestions. Thank you Olwen. http://www.olwentarrant.co.uk/

My painting for a Christmas card is frustrating me. The 'inner' picture is not yet materialising on the canvas. If the 'magic' doesn't happen on the canvas, then it is not right and if I don't get it right by next week, it will be too late to print and send people. I am SOOOOO angry with myself right now. I will look at it again with fresh eyes tommorow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I took a workshop with Carol Marine - it was really great - you are right about her energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    Thank you for your comment. I can easily imagine how good the workshops are. I like your paintings too, lovely feel for paint, great colours and full of light.

    Hani

    ReplyDelete