Tuesday 1 September 2009

Art Fairs - For Artists?

I have been looking into Art Fairs, to see if this would be a good way to exhibit my work or even if I would be welcomed or included in this scene. I have always felt that the Art World can be a very exclusive place, not at all welcoming unless you happen to be 'inside' this world, otherwise it seems the door is firmly shut, and the key thrown away. So far I have looked at these sites, Frieze Art Fair, The Affordable Art Fair, London Art Fair, 20/21 British Art Fair, Art London and Brighton Art Fair.

From what I can see, it is only Brighton Art Fair, that offers applications for individual Artists to take part. Otherwise applications are for Galleries only, not individual Artists.

If you have taken part in any of these Art Fairs, I would appreciate your views.

Have a great day.

Hani

No comments:

Post a Comment