Tuesday 8 September 2009

Mary Fedden - Inspiration



After a long break from painting, it is so hard to get back into the flow again. The ideas are begining to come now so I can start having some fun with it. It often helps me to look at the work of other Artists for inspiration. I have been looking at Mary Feddens wonderful still life paintings. What an amazing Artist she is. Here are two I particularly like. What I love is the quality of light in them, the gorgeous off beat colors, the way the pictures have been composed as though seen from an unusual angle, and off course the sheer beauty of her brush strokes. She has such a unique and beautiful way of looking at the world. How good to know such people exist to create beauty and enrich our quality of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment