Tuesday 15 September 2009

Mandrill - Acrylic on canvas


SOLD
This painting of a Mandrill was completed in late 2008. It was my first entry for the David Shepherd wildlife Artist of the year competition. Not an obvious choice for me as I imagined all the paintings would have to be very realistic, but I was advised by one of the promotors that it is open to all styles of work. Although I was not lucky enough to be accepted, the painting is now in the collection of a fan who loves it.

You can submit your entries for 2010 by going onto the David Shepherd wildlife foundation site, Click on wildlife artist of the year 2010 to download an entry form . For more details go to http://www.davidshepherd.org/index2.shtml

All the winning entries are exhibited at the Mall Galleries in London and will be well publicised. Well worth a go and all the money goes to very good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment